Please send us your grant opportunities at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel Grants for World Congress of Soil Science (12-17 August 2018, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
The Soil Science Society of America (SSSA) and the U.S. National Committee for Soil Science (USNC/SS), a committee of the National Academy of Sciences which represents all U.S. soil scientists to the International Union of Soil Sciences (IUSS), announces the Wilford Gardner IUSS Congress Fellowship Program. This program is intended for graduate students and postdoctoral researchers at U.S. institutions who are attending the 20th World Congress of Soil Science (WCSS) in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, August 12-17, 2018. The website of the WCSS is https://www.21wcss.org/. The fellowship program is named in honor of the USNC/SS's founding chair and SSSA past-president, Wilford R. Gardner.
Abstract deadline: January 31, 2018. Abstracts need to be submitted to the Congress by this date in order to apply for the Gardner Fellowship program.
The Society has allocated up to £5,000 to provide financial assistance to members who wish to attend the World Congress by offering grants of £500 to members who;
- have paid their 2018 subscription
- will be presenting an oral or poster presentation at the Congress
- will assist on the BSSS stand during the Congress to promote the Society's 2022 hosting of the 22nd World Congress
- apply for the funding before 28th February 2018
If interested please send an email to Ian Brown by no later than 28th February 2018.
European Society of Nematology
The ESN is delighted to announce that scholarships (bursaries) of 800€ each are available, on a competitive basis, to early career nematologists from overseas societies to assist in their attending to the 33rd International Symposium of Nematology in Ghent, Belgium (9-13 September 2018)
Criteria for application:
· Applicants should also be a member of the ESN at the time of application and still be a member at the time of the congress/symposium (*).
· Applicants should have defended their PhD within the last 6 years at the time of their application
· Bursar recipients are expected to present an oral presentation at the congress/symposium
Deadline for submission to (E. Grenier - email@example.com) before 15th March 2018.